Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Friday Ya'll

It's a wet one here today but still warm. Sitting here with my laptop listening to the sound of rain outside. It has me itching for Fall weather. I cant wait to get out my jeans and long sleeves.
I thought since the cloudy skies and rain have it feeling like Fall this Friday that maybe I would put on a pot of chili this afternoon and make some some homemade corn muffins to go along with it. I never really use a recipe for my chili I kind of just do it by eye and taste. ;o)

I usually use 3 cans of Chili beans, 1 can of light kidney beans, 1lb of hamburger, 1 large onion, 1 large can of tomato juice, about 4 cups of beef stock and then salt, pepper and chili powder to paste. I usually cook my hamburger and onion then drain it and combine everything in a large stock pot and let it cook all day on low heat....

I usually make a double batch and then I can freeze some in small individual bowls which makes it easy to warm up on a cold winter day for lunch.

Well thats it for now, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: